Battlefield Intel
Welcome to Battlefield Intel

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

The New Battlefield 3 Assignments

The New Battlefield 3 Assignments

Quote Originally Posted by BF3Blog
    The Back To Karkand DLC brings something new to Battlefield 3 (in addition to new maps, weapons etc.): Assignments, which is a new way of unlocking the new weapons found in Back To Karkand.
    FAMAS ("Best Friend Forever" assignment)

* 10 heals
    * 10 revives

L85A2 ("Professional Russian")

* 100 kills with assault rifles
    * 20 kills with grenade launcher
    * Win 5 rounds of Squad Deathmatch

MP5 / HK53 ("Fixing it")

* 10 repairs
    * 1 kill with repair torch

QBZ-95B ("It Goes Boom")

* 50 anti-tank rocket kills
    * 5 conquest round wins
    * Destroy 1 enemy vehicle with repair torch

QBB-95 ("Let It Rain")

* 20 kills with light machine guns
    * 2 mortar kills

QBU-88 ("Specops")

* 20 sniper rifle kills
    * 5 laser designator assists

MG36 ("Keep Your Head Down")

* 100 kills with light machine guns
    * 50 suppression kill assists
    * 50 ammo resupplies

L96 ("Creeping Death")

* 50 headshots
    * 50 spot assists
    * 5 knife kills

PP-19 ("Familiar Territory")

* Capture 10 flags
    * Arm 10 MCOM stations
    * Play 2 hours on Strike At Karkand

Jackhammer / MK3A3 ("Scarred Veteran")

* 10 kills with PP-19
    * 10 kills with BTR-90
    * 5 kills with DPV jeep
    * Play 2 hours on Gulf of Oman
    * Play 2 hours on Sharqi Peninsula

Source: BF3Blog | List of Battlefield 3 assignments

Personally, I don't think I like this idea. Well, I like the idea of tasks to complete to unlock weapons, or the standard weapon unlocking like we have in the base game, but I don't like that our ten new Back to Karkand weapons are hidden like this.

For example, I don't like the deathmatch modes. Does that mean I have to accept the fact that I can never get the L85A2? I also don't play Rush, does that mean I'm never going to get the PP-19? And since I won't get the PP-19, I can't get the Jackhammer? And what if I don't like playing Karkand and/or Sharqi - I again can't get the PP-19 or Jackhammer?

It seems pretty unfortunate that people will pay $15 specifically for extra content, but not necessarily be guaranteed to get that content. Basically, there's some fine print involved here.

Couldn't care less. Early Access for The Old Republic starts in 3 days. Bye bye Battlefield 3. It's nothing but campers and nade/rocket spammers spiced with cheaters anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by bstinson View Post
    Personally, I don't think I like this idea. Well, I like the idea of tasks to complete to unlock weapons, or the standard weapon unlocking like we have in the base game, but I don't like that our ten new Back to Karkand weapons are hidden like this.

For example, I don't like the deathmatch modes. Does that mean I have to accept the fact that I can never get the L85A2? I also don't play Rush, does that mean I'm never going to get the PP-19? And since I won't get the PP-19, I can't get the Jackhammer? And what if I don't like playing Karkand and/or Sharqi - I again can't get the PP-19 or Jackhammer?

It seems pretty unfortunate that people will pay $15 specifically for extra content, but not necessarily be guaranteed to get that content. Basically, there's some fine print involved here.
    I didnt realise we wouldn't get "any" new weapons. I assumed these were in addition to the new DLC weapons.

Spillnah is offline Marine Master Gunnery Sergeant
    I quite like this idea. Adds something new and interesting to the game.

my thought is, they should either be retro-active to include previous accomplishments, or have upgrades available for battle-scarred vets. i worked hard to get to lvl 51...that should be worth something

QBU-88 what the hell, its crazy on the ps3 fixs the Bug DICE and do it now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by HnB Ridler View Post
    I didnt realise we wouldn't get "any" new weapons. I assumed these were in addition to the new DLC weapons.
    Same here. With the way they're advertising it, I assumed that the maps, vehicles, and weapons would the content that we're buying, with a handful of extra awards and unlocks thrown in.

Instead, it appears that this is really just a small map pack, with the weapons being extras that we can choose to unlock if we want to. It's certainly not the Battlefield 2 "mini-mod" that they seem to be advertising.

I think what they should have done is give us the maps, vehicles, and ten weapons out-of-the-box. Then, thrown in a few extra weapons that can be unlocked via the new Assignments system.

Nothing is as it's advertised. I thought people knew that.

klllerford is offline Marine Master Gunnery Sergeant
    Quote Originally Posted by IronSkull43 View Post
    Couldn't care less. Early Access for The Old Republic starts in 3 days. Bye bye Battlefield 3. It's nothing but campers and nade/rocket spammers spiced with cheaters anyway.
    Isn't on the xbox.. yes you come across campers but they are in every game and it's not hard to take them out.