Battlefield Intel
Welcome to Battlefield Intel

Battlefield 3 Split screen

Battlefield 3 Split screen

why cant battlefield 3 have split-screen. Use to every game ever created had some sort of split-screen. Now its next to impossible to have split-screen. Me personally just want at least split screen so that if i go over to a friends and he dosent have the game i can just bring it and we can put it in an play against each other or like in black ops play against bots. and mess around and do stupid stuff and just have fun. i dont have playstation network or live where i live the internet isnt fast enough unless u live close to the cities but online split screen would be cool to for the same reason take it somewhere or invite friends over and play online together. and one thing i dont understand is that what goes through their heads that makes the decision not to put split-screen in a game. it is one of the simplest basic things in a game i think they have always been in games until now i mean why stop sure some people dont like it or dont want it but they dont have to use it just put in the game so if you want it then its their. and if it is to late for dice or ea to put it in the game make a update that includes it like they did for black ops and there split screen and bots. co-op campaign is fun for only so long because the missions get boring and old but split screen in a open map with another buddy is endless amount of fun if battlefield 3 includes this feature i can see my self pulling the game off the shelf 5 years later and playing it with a buddy on splitscreen just for fun and for memories but if they dont include it i can see myself buying it playing campaign beating it showing a friend and then selling it or giving it away but with split screen the value goes up because everyone who was considering buying it buys it then the people that was the deciding factor sees that it has split screen will buy it and everyone wins there is no real downside to not putting it into a game and i know people will complain about splitting their screen and wanting the whole screen the solution to that is simple dont use split screen if u dont like it dont use it just make it available to the people that want it

It's very simple, they cannot put the split screen in without sacrificing visual quality. They are already pushing the XBOX to it's limit, they have no extra headroom to render 4x extra for splitscreen.

Quote Originally Posted by syntax View Post
    It's very simple, they cannot put the split screen in without sacrificing visual quality. They are already pushing the XBOX to it's limit, they have no extra headroom to render 4x extra for splitscreen.
    That. + they have also pushed PS3 to its limits...there is so much those 2 consoles can do on the specs they have...

Also...Since this game is all about the online aspect...playing online with the same buddy is much more fun than sharing the screen, limiting the view and doing something that is so old school...

*welcome to the new world* says that in morpheus's voice and runs away

It takes a lot more processing power to render the perspective of two players. That's why you'll notice most games running in split screen have less detailed textures. Since BF3 is already pushing the limits of console hardware, they wouldn't be able to pull it off without either poor graphic detail or low frame rates.

Quote Originally Posted by Sabs View Post
    It takes a lot more processing power to render the perspective of two players. That's why you'll notice most games running in split screen have less detailed textures. Since BF3 is already pushing the limits of console hardware, they wouldn't be able to pull it off without either poor graphic detail or low frame rates.
    In other words, your "gaming platform" would fry. There is a game, something about Templars or Crusaders, which has a split screen. The moment you go split screen the video quality drops and it drops hard.

System link would be a welcome addition! Internet co-op will be good though.

Better to have 2 '60 inch Plasma TV with 2 XBOX-360 consoles plus 2 copies of BATTLEFIELD 3~ You can enjoys the FUN!!

We want split screen

Players who want split screen do not care if their graphics or video quality suffer. We want it anyway. Halo's split screen makes the graphics suffer too, but so what? It just makes it that much more fun to have the option of more people on one TV. At least they could try two person split screen like Gears of War 1-3. That game has excellent graphics and they still do it. I think they could do it.